Tree Trimming & Branch Cutting
When a Tree Trimming Service in Gippsland is Necessary for Tree HealthAlthough forest trees will generally survive for many years without any attention, those in gardens and landscaped areas will require some care to ensure they fit in with their surroundings. The most common type of care is provided by a tree trimming service that will maintain the shape and integrity of each tree. Without attention, the health and safety of trees can be impaired. Damaged or diseased branches can cause infection that will spread throughout the tree and may eventually lead to its death. It’s essential, therefore, that trees are checked over regularly and that corrective action is taken.
Undertaking Correct Tree Trimming in Gippsland to Maintain your TreesBefore a tree branch cutter service is carried out, it’s necessary to know why it’s being done. This will determine the type of pruning to be undertaken, which can be to:
- remove diseased, dead or dying branches, or those that have low vigour or are not attached strongly
- on behalf of land clearing companies to provide clearance for buildings, pedestrians or vehicles by removing lower branches
- thin a tree by removing selected branches to improve its shape and structure, increase the penetration of light and air, reduce the stress of excess weight and open up the foliage
- clear shrubs and trees to create a firebreak and so lessen the likelihood of bushfires affecting a property
- reduce the height and spread of a tree by pruning back the leaders and terminals; this may be necessary to avoid obstructing electricity and telephone cables but will also help to maintain the structural integrity and form of the tree.